who would you have on your album

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by J The Kidd on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:02 pm

DJ UnReaL wrote:theres not alotta dudes on here cuz its a Instrumental site, they come on here for the instrumentals not the news or music.. And you right.. no one ever speaks up.. i tell everyone all the time to speak & keep it 100...

i don't really say anything for the simple fact I don't feel like arguing lol... hip hop is fucked up, everybody knows that.. but when you say that people dont know what real music is, thats what makes me angry, cuz not everybody has the same taste and is gonna like what you like... know what i mean.

_________________
@JTheKiddMUZIK
avatar
J The Kidd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12671
Location : Nevada

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xlionlinex

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Johnnie Butters on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 pm

J The Kidd wrote:
DJ UnReaL wrote:theres not alotta dudes on here cuz its a Instrumental site, they come on here for the instrumentals not the news or music.. And you right.. no one ever speaks up.. i tell everyone all the time to speak & keep it 100...

i don't really say anything for the simple fact I don't feel like arguing lol... hip hop is fucked up, everybody knows that.. but when you say that people dont know what real music is, thats what makes me angry, cuz not everybody has the same taste and is gonna like what you like... know what i mean.

True... Very well said..

Edit:

But Real Music, Just means everything is Real. Real Lyrics, with no autotune bs. Real Production. Like a Guitar, Piano, Drums, Trumpet, Etc... Thats what Real Music is.. its not an opinion.. its a fact.

But if you listen to the Jamie Foxx audio i posted.. you will understand where im coming from...


Last edited by DJ UnReaL on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135
Age : 29
Location : Miami, FL

View user profile http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Johnnie Butters on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:36 pm

i no that shit long.. but take a listen.. it explains a lot about what im saying to you guys.. i could quote 20 things if i wanted to lol
avatar
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135
Age : 29
Location : Miami, FL

View user profile http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Johnnie Butters on Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:41 pm

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
avatar
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135
Age : 29
Location : Miami, FL

View user profile http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Nygee on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:26 pm

yeah, I listened to that when you posted it and I 100% agree.. but that's also why I said it's the music BUSINESS. NOW of days it's about what sells. and I have nothing against the Waka Flocka's and Soulja Boy's entirely, but what hiphop is missing is a BALANCE.. because even back in the day songs had negative messages, but they also had a balance between those and positive music. you had NWA, and then you had Public Enemy.. 2 different sides of the coin. record companies are popularizing the negative images because it's selling and it's been doing so for so long that it's become a norm therefore causing music to become off balance. we DO need more "REAL" artists but I don't discredit the wack artists.

but like I also said a while back, I do think hiphop is coming out of this phase. it's only a matter of time

_________________
1st Semester Ent.
The L.Y.F.E. Music
avatar
Nygee
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 2721
Age : 28
Location : Flint, MI - Phoenix, AZ - Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Johnnie Butters on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:41 pm

exactly.. the hood shit & club shit is easier to market than the real shit.. And thats what we gotta fix.
avatar
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135
Age : 29
Location : Miami, FL

View user profile http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Johnnie Butters on Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Nygee wrote:we DO need more "REAL" artists but I don't discredit the wack artists.

Well they not artist.. they rappers.. & to me.. we should discredit them. they making it worse. & Most importantly. theres tons of other rappers & Artist out there that put wayy more effort & time into there music than someone like soulja boy or arab or gucci or whoever...
avatar
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135
Age : 29
Location : Miami, FL

View user profile http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by D.N.A. on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 pm

balance.. thats da prob. dey not pushin music wit a message no mo. if u talkin unity or power 2da ppl, u catchin dust on a shelf or sumthing will happen 2 u..(2pac). they want u2 make songs dat wit keep us dwn, keep us killing eachother. the reason it sales cuz it goes on every day, nigaz is sayn shit alotta dey lil nigaz is goin thru. so we cant blame da wacka flocka he first single may or may-not have happen, but its real shit that happen 2 alotta of us. we gotta blame da new "mos defs" an "commons" of da game, i know nigaz dat rap like dat.. but were r dey?? were r da pharoahe monchs, where is da balance?
avatar
D.N.A.
Member
Member

Number of posts : 122
Age : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Nygee on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:09 pm

the real artists are there, but like I said before, it's the music BUSINESS. no matter what you say, if the song isn't catchy then it's not selling. why you think the south sells so much and the east coast (primarily NY) doesnt even though they have some of the most lyrically talented cats ever?.. because the south incorporates melodies in their songs which are catchy as fuck, and they beats go hard.. that's what the people want. they want something they can sing along to. thats why I said you cant deny their cadence. they way they say shit is catchy.

"O Lets Doooooo It.." - Waka Flocka

"Fir' Name Las Name.." - J Money

"Man I got that swaaaaag, my hat matchin my baaaaag, you know im poppin taaaaags" - FLY Swag Surfin

"Now watch me (yuuuaaa) Crank that Soulja Boy"

and so on. even though some of those songs you might not like, you cant deny you caught yourself nodding your head and singing along with them on the radio or just out the blue. no matter what kind of music it is, people want something they can sing along to. the beat is what catches your attention, the melody is what keeps you interested. so real artists have to find a way to combine real lyricism with a catchy song. Lupe, Kanye, Common, Talib Kweli and a host of other names have done it. some of they just arent consistent

_________________
1st Semester Ent.
The L.Y.F.E. Music
avatar
Nygee
Moderator
Moderator

Number of posts : 2721
Age : 28
Location : Flint, MI - Phoenix, AZ - Atlanta, GA

View user profile http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by bonafidehustla08 on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:44 pm

I'd have

Eminem
Drake
J.Cole
Lupe Fiasco
Lil Wayne
Snoop Dogg
Ludacris
Bun B
ABN (Trae & Z-Ro)
T.I.
avatar
bonafidehustla08
Member
Member

Number of posts : 524

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/bonafidehustla08

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Johnnie Butters on Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Nygee wrote:the real artists are there, but like I said before, it's the music BUSINESS. no matter what you say, if the song isn't catchy then it's not selling. why you think the south sells so much and the east coast (primarily NY) doesnt even though they have some of the most lyrically talented cats ever?.. because the south incorporates melodies in their songs which are catchy as fuck, and they beats go hard.. that's what the people want. they want something they can sing along to. thats why I said you cant deny their cadence. they way they say shit is catchy.

"O Lets Doooooo It.." - Waka Flocka

"Fir' Name Las Name.." - J Money

"Man I got that swaaaaag, my hat matchin my baaaaag, you know im poppin taaaaags" - FLY Swag Surfin

"Now watch me (yuuuaaa) Crank that Soulja Boy"

and so on. even though some of those songs you might not like, you cant deny you caught yourself nodding your head and singing along with them on the radio or just out the blue. no matter what kind of music it is, people want something they can sing along to. the beat is what catches your attention, the melody is what keeps you interested. so real artists have to find a way to combine real lyricism with a catchy song. Lupe, Kanye, Common, Talib Kweli and a host of other names have done it. some of they just arent consistent

True Dat........
avatar
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135
Age : 29
Location : Miami, FL

View user profile http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Re: who would you have on your album

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum