Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rapper Drake Stuck His Foot In His Mouth Again!

+2
Johnnie Butters
Nygee
6 posters

Go down

Rapper Drake Stuck His Foot In His Mouth Again! Empty Rapper Drake Stuck His Foot In His Mouth Again!

Post by Nygee Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:12 pm

I failed to post the info I got about Kia Shine saying that he owned 25% of Drake's "Best I Ever Had" but I wanted to get the REAL story, and this looks pretty official.. so here's the facts.

Rapper Drake Stuck His Foot In His Mouth Again! Kiashi10

One thing I can not stand is a rapper who comes out of his mouth and posts information that he has no knowledge of and then claims it as fact. That’s exactly what Drake did when he responded to Kia Shine stating that he owned 25 percent of Drake’s “Best I ever had.”

Not to mention that even Trey Songs Jumped on the band wagon of discrediting Kia Shine.

Isiswisdom broke the story out on her blog that Kia shine had received 3 BMI awards for co-writing the song.

Kia Shine:“Drake sampled the melody, some of the words, cadence, etc. So because I had already registered the original record, my business was in order. I sent in the Drake record and let my legal team handle it from there. We were able to settle at 25% of the “Best I Ever Had” publishing. It’s a blessing, but the moral of the story is to “follow up to get your dollars up” and always be prepared and on top of your business.”

Drake then responds back on his blog: ” There have been questions posed to me the last few days about the writing of Best I Ever Had and I figured I’d take the time to clear the air directly.”

“I have never met Kia Shine or worked with him. I wrote the entire composition in Toronto and I borrowed one line from a Lil Wayne song that he produced the BEAT for. The claims of 25% ownership are false and for a artist to brag about splits on a song is distasteful to begin with.”

But Entertainment Blogger Necole Bitchie investigates and calls someone over at BMI to find out what the truth was. Here is what she found out: After checking BMI’s database and noticing that Kia Shine was not credited for the song. I reached out to Hanna Pantle over at BMI who straightened the whole situation out. According to Hanna, The song was sampled and there are copyright laws that state if you sample anything, the person gets the songwriting credit which is what Kia shine did. Kia Shine is legitimately listed as a songwriter on the record and BMI wouldn’t have given him an award if he wasn’t. The only reason Kia’s credits for “Best I Ever Had” is not listed in the BMI database yet is because the updates for the song registration takes a while, however, it will be listed over time.

I told Hanna about Drake’s blog and I asked her how did he not know that Kia Shine gets a percent of his record. She tells me:

“Really that comes down to him and his people. If Drake didn’t know then that’s him and his people”.

So now there it is. Kia Shine was subject to some serious twitter hate based on Drakes comments on his blog. Now I wonder if he will become a trending topic for the most uninformed,think I know everything but really don’t know shit rapper from canada with the fake ass hood accent.

Your music is hot but your fact checking is wack. Oh and Trey songs you need to go back and focus on selling R&B records!
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down

Rapper Drake Stuck His Foot In His Mouth Again! Empty Re: Rapper Drake Stuck His Foot In His Mouth Again!

Post by Johnnie Butters Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:21 pm

that song was a joke..
Johnnie Butters
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135

http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Rapper Drake Stuck His Foot In His Mouth Again! Empty Re: Rapper Drake Stuck His Foot In His Mouth Again!

Post by Nygee Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:54 pm

but seriously, it was a hit song.. and to top that, Kia Shine co-wrote it? come on. when has Kia Shine wrote a hit song for his damn self? LOL
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down

Post by bonafidehustla08 Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:06 pm

who is kia shine?
bonafidehustla08
bonafidehustla08

Number of posts : 524

http://www.myspace.com/bonafidehustla08

Back to top Go down

Post by Nygee Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:11 pm