Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nelly - Sister's Death Forec NELLY Into Break!!!!!!!

Go down

Nelly - Sister's Death Forec NELLY Into Break!!!!!!! Empty Nelly - Sister's Death Forec NELLY Into Break!!!!!!!

Post by J The Kidd Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:36 pm

Nelly - Sister's Death Forec NELLY Into Break!!!!!!! 0703_nelly_sister_jackie

Rapper NELLY was so devastated by the death of his sister in 2005, he took a long hiatus to grieve.
Jackie Donohue died from leukaemia at the age of 31, midway through Nelly's tour to promote 2004 double album Sweat/Suit.

The Hot In Herre hitmaker had set up the Jes Us 4 Jackie campaign to find a bone marrow donor for his sister and to raise donation awareness - but a donor wasn't found in time for Donohue.

And the star admits the shock forced him to put his music career on the backburner - but now he's back and preparing to release new album Brass Knuckles.

Explaining why he waited so long between albums, he tells TheBoomBox.com: "I lost my sister in 2005 and that was like the worst thing that ever happened to me.

"So dealing with that took a whole…it took time. It took time. I didn't know how I was gonna deal with it. It never happened to me before, I didn't know, I didn't know how to react.

"I'm not really one who shows a lot of emotion on things like that. And then doing so, I was on tour when my sister passed. And when she did pass I went back on tour like two or three days after cause I couldn't just sit in the house. You know I was just there and some people was wondering what was wrong and I was like, 'Nothing's wrong, but I gotta do something.'"
J The Kidd
J The Kidd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12671

http://www.myspace.com/xlionlinex

Back to top Go down