Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atlantic Records Partners with Scream Star Entertainment

Go down

Atlantic Records Partners with Scream Star Entertainment Empty Atlantic Records Partners with Scream Star Entertainment

Post by Nygee Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:46 am

Atlantic Records Partners with Scream Star Entertainment M-maul10

Atlantic Records has entered into a joint venture deal with Michael Mauldin's Scream Star Entertainment.

The first artist signed to the Scream Star Records imprint in association with Wyclef Jean’s Carnival House Records, is the young R&B artist Maleek.

“Maleek is an amazing triple-threat talent,” says Scream Star Entertainment Chairman Michael Mauldin. “He represents a throwback to yesteryear, while still having the positioning, styling, and talent to lead the next movement of young superstars. Maleek celebrates his 17th birthday in October, so the timing is perfect to expose a new artist of this magnitude. We have the utmost belief in Maleek’s talent and abilities and are extremely happy to have the enthusiastic support of my partner, Atlantic Chairman Craig Kallman. Maleek will soon be known as the Next Big Star of 08/09 and of the Scream brand.”

Wyclef Jean echoed the statements saying “Maleek is without a doubt one of the hottest new talents I've seen in a long time, and I'm proud to help introduce him to the rest of the world.”

Maleek is the son of former Harlem Globetrotter Clarence “Mugsy” Leggett.

In addition to its Records division and its Scream Tour concert series, the company will present “The Next Scream Star,” a national talent competition searching for the best unsigned talent in the genres of Hip-Hop, R&B, and Pop. Contestants, aged 12-25, will compete for the opportunity to be seen in front of thousands as a part of the next Scream Tour, plus a management contract with Mauldin Brand Agency and a potential national recording contract with Scream Star/Atlantic Records.

There are also plans for Scream branded radio and magazine properties.
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down