Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gnarls Barkley To Release New EP

Go down

Gnarls Barkley To Release New EP Empty Gnarls Barkley To Release New EP

Post by Nygee Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:32 pm

Gnarls Barkley To Release New EP Gn10

Gnarls Barkley (Cee-Lo and Danger Mouse) will release a new EP on November 11th called "Who's Gonna Save My Soul."

According to Billboard.com, the release will feature 4 different version of Barkley's single "Who's Gonna Save My Soul" from their most recent album "The Odd Couple." It will also feature a live version of the song "Neighbors" and the unreleased "Mystery Man."

"The song was written about James Brown -- from an admirer's perspective ... someone who had truly personified everything that we are," Cee-Lo says of "Who's Gonna Save My Soul."

Cee-Lo goes on to tell Billboard that he missed out on seeing Brown live after an invitation extended conflicted with a Barkley show.

"It disappointed me so bad," Cee-Lo says. "It was almost like he was about to pass a torch to me. It's my assumption but that's also my aspiration. When I say, 'I lay my own soul down,' it's like, I will have to be my own hero. I will have to save my own soul. Therefore, it is very painful, but there's also a silver lining."

The unreleased "Mystery Man" is described by Mouse as "half instrumental and half vocals."
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down