Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Jones Talks Trae, Album Delays

Go down

Mike Jones Talks Trae, Album Delays Empty Mike Jones Talks Trae, Album Delays

Post by Nygee Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:48 am

Mike Jones Talks Trae, Album Delays Mj10

In an up-coming interview with StreetCred.com, Mike Jones talks about his Ozone Awards altercation with Trae and why there was such a long wait for his sophomore album.

Jones was asked what his thoughts were looking back on the Ozone Awards situation where he got into a physical altercation with fellow Houston artist Trae.

"Just tell’em Mike Jones say until you go platinum 2 times like I did, it’s not even worth my time," Jones tells StreetCred.com. "I mean I’m not about to talk to anybody that’s not on my level and doesn’t feel like me, live like me, or reach the accolades I’ve reached. So I hope they do what they do, I’m going to do what I do. When you say Houston, you say Mike Jones. ...what’s so funny though is that when people say everyone wants to know or the world wants to know, they are not talking about him. Everybody knows my name and it’s in association with mine so you have to say it and that’s cool...trust me I’m not trippin’ on that. Until they go double platinum like me, their mouth is on mute to me."

Jones also discussed the long delay in releasing his up-coming sophomore album "Voice of the Streets."

"I came out in ’05 and did my numbers. “Who is Mike Jones” went 2x platinum. ’06 I was like you know what I’m ready to do a movie. See I was going to drop a movie with the first album, and I wanted to call it “Who is Mike Jones” the movie. But you know everybody was like nah, we are going to just focus on the album first and see what that does. When the numbers came back, they were like “you still got that movie”? So I went back and changed it to “The American Dream” movie and album. But a lot of people started getting fired from the staff...urban deptartment, a lot of that stuff was hurting my record. I didn’t have anyone to work my records while they were getting fired. All that did was burn up my budget and take time away from the scene that I was on. With that going on, I held on to a lot of records until I was in a better situation and I got back with Asylum and I came out with “Cuddy Buddy” and it’s back where it was."
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down