Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kangaroo Breaks Window, Invades Home; Dad Thought It Was "Lunatic Ninja"

2 posters

Go down

Kangaroo Breaks Window, Invades Home; Dad Thought It Was "Lunatic Ninja" Empty Kangaroo Breaks Window, Invades Home; Dad Thought It Was "Lunatic Ninja"

Post by Illuminated One Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:46 pm

Kangaroo Breaks Window, Invades Home; Dad Thought It Was "Lunatic Ninja" Image3981325g

(AP) When a dark intruder smashed through his bedroom window and repeatedly bounced on his bed, Beat Ettlin at first was relieved to discover it was a kangaroo.

"My initial thought when I was half awake was, 'It's a lunatic ninja coming through the window,"' the 42-year-old told The Associated Press on Monday. "It seems about as likely as a kangaroo breaking in."

But his relief was short-lived. As Ettlin cowered beneath the sheets with his wife and 9-year-old daughter at 2 a.m. Sunday, the frantic kangaroo bounded into the bedroom of his 10-year-old son Leighton Beman, who screamed, "There's a 'roo in my room!"

I thought, 'This can be really dangerous for the whole family now,"' Ettlin said.

The ordeal played out over a few minutes in the family's house in Garran, an upmarket suburb in the leafy national capital of Canberra.

Ettlin, a chef originally from the Swiss city of Stans, said he jumped the 90-pound marsupial from behind and pinned it to the floor. He grabbed it in a headlock and wrestled the trashing and bleeding intruder into a hallway, toward the front door.

He used a single, fumbling hand to open the front door and shoved the kangaroo into the night.

"I had just my Bonds undies on. I felt vulnerable," he said, referring to a popular Australian underwear brand.

The kangaroo, which Ettlin said was around his height, 5 foot 9 inches, left claw gouges in the wooden frame of the master bed and a trail of blood through the house. The animal was cut when it came crashing through the bedroom window.

SOURCE: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/09/world/main4853587.shtml?source=RSSattr=World_4853587
Illuminated One
Illuminated One
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4519

http://southernstylebeatz.com

Back to top Go down

Kangaroo Breaks Window, Invades Home; Dad Thought It Was "Lunatic Ninja" Empty Re: Kangaroo Breaks Window, Invades Home; Dad Thought It Was "Lunatic Ninja"

Post by yaboyja23 Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:35 pm

thats crazy...
i wonder if it took anything lol...
yaboyja23
yaboyja23

Number of posts : 5335

Back to top Go down