Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yelawolf Interview on AHH

Go down

Yelawolf Interview on AHH Empty Yelawolf Interview on AHH

Post by Illuminated One Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:03 pm

SOURCE: http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2010/02/24/22133530.aspx

By: Sha’Linda Jeanine

AllHipHop.com: You’ve been doing this for a minute, but how long have you been waiting to get right here at this point in your career?

Yelawolf: I wasn’t waiting per say but rather I’ve been just working to get better and better. I’ve always challenged myself to reach the next level. After the deal with Columbia we put out “Slick Ricky and Bobby” which was a tribute to Talladega Nights, then we did “Stereo” which is Hip-Hop ’s tribute to classic rock, next we released “Arena Rap” which is an experimental band EP. We’ve just been working, working, working, and decided to release a rap project “Trunk Muzik.” We released that on the first of January and it just caught fire online. So it’s not really about waiting to get to a certain point, but it’s about doing what feels right and making music that feels good then letting the people decide what they like.

AllHipHop.com: Most new artist try and fit a certain criteria and adhere to the rules of the industry, but you just don’t care, why is that?

Yelawolf: I really don’t give a f**k because it never pays to care about the politics of the industry. Somebody is always breaking the boundary anyway. I just leave it all up to my team. They trust me when I step on stage and I trust them to go handle the other s**t. I don’t get involved in any of the politics within the industry. I’ve been s**t on so many times by industry people that I just don’t give a f**k anymore.

FOR PHOTOS AND FULL INTERVIEW CHECK SOURCE
Illuminated One
Illuminated One
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4519

http://southernstylebeatz.com

Back to top Go down