Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MTV Plans On Ending TRL, Eminem Comments!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

MTV Plans On Ending TRL, Eminem Comments!!!!!!! Empty MTV Plans On Ending TRL, Eminem Comments!!!!!!!

Post by J The Kidd Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:29 pm

MTV Plans On Ending TRL, Eminem Comments!!!!!!! FUCKUPAYME

After more than a decade on the air, and 2,000 shows, MTV's "Total Request Live" - better known as "TRL" - is being taken off of the air.

It's undeniable that the show helped introduce the nation to many acts like 50 Cent, Eminem, Christina Aguilera, N'Sync, and many more of the 90's and 00's biggest acts.

"I'm going to miss 'TRL,'" said Eminem who, at the height of his popularity, took over hosting duties for a week. "Where else will I be able to start feuds, defend my honor vigorously and act like an angry teenager on national TV? Oh wait...the VMAs!"

The show, which showcased the most popular music videos at the time, took a dive in ratings in 2003 after longtime and original host Carson Daly left. Since then, "TRL" was much-maligned for showing less and less of music videos. The drop in ratings led the show to go from airing five times a week to four, and eventually stopped running live.

The final show will run in November. A two-hour special celebrating the show's impact will also air in November, though it is unclear whether the two are separate.
J The Kidd
J The Kidd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12671

http://www.myspace.com/xlionlinex

Back to top Go down

MTV Plans On Ending TRL, Eminem Comments!!!!!!! Empty Re: MTV Plans On Ending TRL, Eminem Comments!!!!!!!

Post by Nygee Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:12 am

i never liked TRL
it was lame as hell.

now if 106 & Park went off air then we got a problem ye digg
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down