Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

17-Year-Old Gets 25-50 Years In Prison For Shooting Cops!!!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

17-Year-Old Gets 25-50 Years In Prison For Shooting Cops!!!!!!! Empty 17-Year-Old Gets 25-50 Years In Prison For Shooting Cops!!!!!!!

Post by J The Kidd Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:29 pm

17-Year-Old Gets 25-50 Years In Prison For Shooting Cops!!!!!!! FUCKUPAYMEUNDERRATEDOVERWORKEDUNDERPAID

Donyea Phillips, a 17-year-old runaway was sentenced to 25-50 years in prsion for shooting and wounding two Philadelphia drug officers. Phillips, who was homeless at the time, was squatting with a cousin in the East Frankford rooming house when the officers served a search warrant at the house a year ago.

Phillips, a suspected crack dealer who pleaded guilty in July to two counts of attempted murder and related charges, apologized to Officers Christopher Reed and Stephen Holts. Phillips insisted to Common Pleas Court Judge Glenn B. Bronson that he did not know police were trying to come through the door when he blindly fired through a window Nov. 13.

"I was afraid for my life," Phillips told Bronson, adding, "All I’m just asking is not to lock me up and throw away the key, because I’m changed." The prison term drew gasps from some of the dozen relatives in court to support Phillips because it’s above the 5- to 10-year minimum recommended under state sentencing guidelines. However, it was also less than the 32-1/2 to 65 years requested by the prosecuting attorney.

"I think this sentence was clearly excessive," said defense attorney James A. Lammendola. He said he would file a motion asking the judge to reconsider the sentence.

Explaining his sentence, the judge credited Phillips with accepting responsibility by pleading guilty and acknowledged his grim upbringing: "You had a horribly deprived childhood, there’s no doubt about that," Bronson said.

Kirk Heilbrun, a forensic psychologist hired by Phillips’ defense, testified that Phillips was the oldest of six children. Heilbrun said Phillips experienced mental and physical abuse by his parents and was largely responsible for caring for his siblings.

But the judge said Phillips’ background did not excuse the fact that he was squatting in a house, selling crack cocaine and spending $100 a day for marijuana.

"Sadly, other people have been in similar situations, but they don’t hole themselves up in a crack house and fire a gun at police officers," Bronson said.

Reed, 32, a 12-year-veteran officer, was shot through the left thigh. He testified yesterday that the wound became infected and that he underwent six surgeries. After two weeks in the hospital, Reed said, he was sent home but was restricted to bed for two months. He returned to active duty May 15.

Holts, 40, a 13-year department veteran, said a bullet fragment hit his right hip and tore away a two-inch piece of flesh that could not be closed with sutures. He returned to duty in February.

Both officers said they were pleased with the sentence.

"I wouldn't want anyone else to go through something like this," said Reed. "I know it will be with me until the day I get buried."

"It was an awesome experience - and I hope I don't experience anything like that again," added Holts.
J The Kidd
J The Kidd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12671

http://www.myspace.com/xlionlinex

Back to top Go down

17-Year-Old Gets 25-50 Years In Prison For Shooting Cops!!!!!!! Empty Re: 17-Year-Old Gets 25-50 Years In Prison For Shooting Cops!!!!!!!

Post by Chief Black Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:31 pm

20-25 Yrs........ Damn He Wounded Them He Didn't Kill 'Em.........
Chief Black
Chief Black

Number of posts : 1661

http://twitter.com/Chief_Black_23

Back to top Go down