Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Framing Hanley Talk Remake Of Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop"

Go down

Framing Hanley Talk Remake Of Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop" Empty Framing Hanley Talk Remake Of Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop"

Post by Nygee Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:33 pm

Framing Hanley Talk Remake Of Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop" Fh10

Rock act Framing Hanley are speaking to StreetCred.com about their hit remake of Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop."

Group member Nixon says the idea to record a remake was something the group originally did just for fun.

"We were sittin’ at home and came up with the idea to cover “Lollipop” for fun ‘cause I love that song and I dig the hook," says group member Nixon. "I was like, “We should do just a rock version of this to play it live and have fun with it” and it’s turned into what it’s turned into now. I mean it blew up and we had a ton of MySpace comments on that song after we did a show so we started playin’ it at a few shows. People kept askin’ if we had any plans on recordin’ it, which originally we didn’t but due to an overwhelming response we did a rough home studio version of the song. The plays on our MySpace went through the roof on that alone and the label was like, “We wanna get you guys in the studio and record a full studio version of that song,” next thing I know it’s being released as a single and we just shot the video for it."

(Framing Hanley "Lollipop")

-it takes a while for the actual song to start, its a long ass intro scene

The Rock remake of "Lollipop" is currently exploding at Rock radio, much to the group's surprise.

"It was just one of those things we did for fun. We’re actually all fans of hip-hop in general and I mean it was just somethin’ that just took on a life of its own. If you woulda told me 6 months ago that our upcoming single would be a cover of a huge monster hip-hop song, I woulda probably laughed in your face ‘cause the likelihood of that happening isn’t too great. I mean how often do you hear a rock band covering a hip-hop song…especially a newer hip-hop song? It’s just something we’re taking day by day and it’s just been a really cool experience."
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down