Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellen DeGeneres Is `SADDENED BEYOND BELIEF That 'Prop 8' Passed!!!!!!!

Go down

Ellen DeGeneres Is `SADDENED BEYOND BELIEF That 'Prop 8' Passed!!!!!!! Empty Ellen DeGeneres Is `SADDENED BEYOND BELIEF That 'Prop 8' Passed!!!!!!!

Post by J The Kidd Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:24 am

Ellen DeGeneres Is `SADDENED BEYOND BELIEF That 'Prop 8' Passed!!!!!!! 293.Degeneres.DeRossi.081908

"Ellen DeGeneres, who wed Portia de Rossi in August, is speaking out about Tuesday's passing of Proposition 8 -- a Calif. initiative which overrules a previous state Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex unions.

"Watching the returns on election night was an amazing experience. Barack Obama is our new president. Change is here. I, like millions of Americans, felt like we had taken a giant step towards equality. We were watching history," she said in a statement to Usmagazine.com.

"This morning, when it was clear that Proposition 8 had passed in California, I can't explain the feeling I had," she continued. "I was saddened beyond belief. Here we just had a giant step towards equality and then on the very next day, we took a giant step away.

"I believe one day a "ban on gay marriage" will sound totally ridiculous," said the talk show host. "In the meantime, I will continue to speak out for equality for all of us.

Proposition 8 passed by just over 52 percent, despite opposition from Hollywood power players like DeGeneres, Brad Pitt, director Steven Spielberg and California's Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger."
J The Kidd
J The Kidd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12671

http://www.myspace.com/xlionlinex

Back to top Go down