Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Teen LIVES Nearly Four Months WITHOUT A Heart !!!

+2
Ko0L
J The Kidd
6 posters

Go down

Teen LIVES Nearly Four Months WITHOUT A Heart !!! Empty Teen LIVES Nearly Four Months WITHOUT A Heart !!!

Post by J The Kidd Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:24 pm

Teen LIVES Nearly Four Months WITHOUT A Heart !!! 20081126simmons

The advances of technology in present day are like science fiction sometimes, or even miracles. D'Zhana Simmons, a teen from South Carolina, survived for nearly four months (118 days) without a heart. Yes, you read right.

The 14-year-old was kept alive by a custom-built artificial blood-pumping device -- that to pumped and cleansed blood -- while she awaited a heart transplant.

According to Reuters, doctors in Miami said that they believed this was the first time a child survived under the circumstances for this long. There was a similar case in Germany where an adult was kept alive for nine months without a heart, though.

Simmons called the experience "scary."

"You never knew when it would malfunction," she said at a news conference at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Medical Center.

"It was like I was a fake person, like I didn't really exist. I was just here," she added.

The teen suffered from dilated cardiomyopathy, a condition in which the patient's heart becomes weakened and enlarged and does not pump blood efficiently, said reports.

She had a heart transplant back in July at Miami's Holtz Children's Hospital, but the new heart failed to function properly and was quickly removed.

A second transplant on October 29 was successful.

"I truly believe it's a miracle. I give my thanks to my buddies. I love the transplant team," said D'Zhana's mother, Twolla Anderson.

Dr. Marco Ricci, the hospital's director of pediatric cardiac surgery, said that although her prognosis was good, doctors warn that there is a 50 percent chance that a heart transplant patient will need a new heart 12 or 13 years after the first surgery.
J The Kidd
J The Kidd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12671

http://www.myspace.com/xlionlinex

Back to top Go down

Teen LIVES Nearly Four Months WITHOUT A Heart !!! Empty Re: Teen LIVES Nearly Four Months WITHOUT A Heart !!!

Post by Ko0L Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:06 am

i dont know why but when i read this all i could think about is heartless by kanye west

Ko0L

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Teen LIVES Nearly Four Months WITHOUT A Heart !!! Empty Re: Teen LIVES Nearly Four Months WITHOUT A Heart !!!

Post by TREND$ETTER Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:49 am

huh?
TREND$ETTER
TREND$ETTER

Number of posts : 3320

Back to top Go down

Post by Ambition Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:04 am

she had god on her side...for 4 months
Ambition
Ambition

Number of posts : 397

http://www.myspace.com/AmbitiondaBalla

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnie Butters Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Destroyerbf wrote:she had god on her side...for 4 months

God dont exist.... she just lucky... lol
Johnnie Butters
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135

http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yaboyja23 Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:26 pm

DJ UnReaL wrote:
Destroyerbf wrote:she had god on her side...for 4 months

God dont exist.... she just lucky... lol

Shocked
lol!
UnReaL bout to get hit by lightning...
Rofl
yaboyja23
yaboyja23

Number of posts : 5335

Back to top Go down

Post by yaboyja23 Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:29 pm

damn she from south carolina too...
she has alot to be thankful for though.
yaboyja23
yaboyja23

Number of posts : 5335

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnie Butters Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Rofl
Johnnie Butters
Johnnie Butters
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 11135

http://Satisfyer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ko0L Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:09 pm

TREND$ETTER wrote:huh?

she was heartless for four months......

"how could you be so heartless" - kanye west

"how did she be so heartless for four months and still survive" - me

Ko0L

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down