Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mac Milli Interview, Speaks On Industry Shady, Hood Dreams And More...[This My People. I Told You We Movin!]

Go down

Mac Milli Interview, Speaks On Industry Shady, Hood Dreams And More...[This My People. I Told You We Movin!] Empty Mac Milli Interview, Speaks On Industry Shady, Hood Dreams And More...[This My People. I Told You We Movin!]

Post by Nygee Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:32 pm

Mac Milli Interview, Speaks On Industry Shady, Hood Dreams And More...[This My People. I Told You We Movin!] Mill10

Note: Milli on the right, DJ Hype on the left

In the days where swag rules the land,I had the honor to sit down with Mr.Swaggtastic himself,Mac Milli,already an industry veteran that has conquered the feared streets of his hometown (Flint,MI) and is all set to conquer the streets of others.Gearing up to release his next mixtape,"Industry Shady", we go behind the mind and hope to catch a glimpse of his world through his eyes,check the songs and join the hype.

Glory: Whats good man?

Milli: wats da deal wit u

Glory: Shit chilling,getting it in?

Milli: same here actually writin for an upcomin project

Glory: O.k,so what projects are you currently working on?Some next level shit?Where you taking us in the world of music?

Milli: Yeah next level shit definitely.Right now i'm Promotin my next release "Industry's Shady"...thats on the way so be looking out for that.I'd say it's my best release so far.And heres a little somethin...It's a concept mixtape.

Glory: Oooh,so you hitting us with a concept mixtape,that sounds like something right there,the whole concept album got lost for a minute due to all these weakness flooding the industry,Im glad to be seeing you throwing it out there.

Milli: yeah dog it was definitely time to experiment with that idea again,"I'd Hate Me Too:Vol.3 was a concept again...plus with what i got comin up it's time to change da game...you see my away message my nigga lol[Away message:
I've Put Hard Work Into This Mixtape...I'm Coming Industry Shady..Time To Change Da Game.. www.myspace.com/macmilli ]

Glory: Lol,yeah I peeped that.I mean so you got a date for the album yet are you finished with it or no?

Milli: the album is in the works also but right now the focus is Industry's Shady.I'm aimin to win mixtape of the year in 08 u feel me and at this point i'm on that path,but the best tape i've lyrically heard this year is Lloyd Banks-Return Of The PLK,if i could make a list of my top 5 i'd put him in it no doubt,along with Myself,Eminem,50,Andre 3000,and Jay.

Glory: I dont know,I dont really fuck with Banks like that no more,he kinda fell lyrically since his first mixtape run to me.I think the best mixtape I heard this year was that Big Sean shit,Almost Famous,that was cool.You got any features on this new shit though?

Milli: Tone Bucc.Honestly at this point i'm not lookin to have any features unless they my team..if someone comes into the picture i feel they could make some classic shit wit me i'll work wit em, but at this point I still gotta get my music heard around the world to the masses..I just want to be a household name before i get any big features but if 50 wanna collab tell him to holla at MSP..or Dan The Man will let me know lol

Glory: Lol,yeah I will.Shit is gone be some original beats and shit on the mixtape,let know what that concept is about?

Milli: a couple original beats but 98% is instrumentals...it's a promotional tape...and as far as da concept,just gotta get da mixtape when it drops in order to find that out haha but like u said"next level shit" i'd describe it as that,dats da new definition.

Glory: Aight,I can live with that.The question I got though is how did you get our whole city to stand behind you like you did because as we both know its usually your own city who shit on you until they see you making some major progress?

Milli: well when i first came bacc to the fli from cali most niggas who knew me already knew i was a vet at this rap shit..i been writin music since i was like 8..i'm 20 now,so when i got bacc home i noticed everybody raps..i'm like "damn i went to school with dis nigga in middle school and he aint spit a hot 16 then but all of a sudden spits",always thought that was weird but i mean i guess it was becuz my actual content wasn't da same as they was used to and i networked like no other..i was my own manager so i started spittin at 4u2nv parties,umm fresh hu$tle,n.a.d.,and i was i guess a social butterfly as gay as that shit sounds lol.

Glory: I mean if that shit works,so you just built that solid network.

Milli: So i drew in crowds of all types,yeah dats how it works.I look at it like this...the more options the better.Da rap game is like da dope game u dont wanna buy da most expensive shit fresh out da gate,u gotta search around to find da right shit for all clientele.

Glory: Alright I fucks with that.I mean so with every group of niggas who fucks with you its a group of niggas who dont and how I first heard about you was from the whole Blocc Boys thing,is that the only rap problem you ever had or no?

Milli: naw it hasnt been..i'm actually known at the High school i grauated from(Grant High) in North Hollywood for battling..i used to smash everybody i battled on stage infront of teachers,students,visitors dint matter lol,without even cussin.

Milli: brb this fine spanish chicc need help parkin,i might get da number or somethin

Glory: Lol,cool.

Glory: I didnt know you was origianlly from Cali though.

Milli: naw i was born and raised in flint i moved to cali in da middle of 8th grade and i graduated out here but i came bacc to flint every year,08 is the only year i havent been in flint.

Glory: Oh,ok.So whats been good with the whole Hood Dreams,is that still in effect,what you trying to do with that?You still be fucking with Substance and all them niggas?

Milli:Hood Dreams no longer exist as a label,its just me,Anubis, and my cousin Bone but truthfully my main focus right now is me,I learned it's hard to be an artist and a ceo at the same time..becuz not every artist is as focused i am.Like Lady Bugg for example..she spits harder than most i've heard and she has appeal but her focus is school and the only way I know to be successful in music is to live it,thats my full time job right now.

Glory: Yeah,I can respect that,I aint even know you had Lady Bugg on the squad though.She do go pretty hard for a female straight up.So I mean what other endeavors you got poppin,is it anything else you wanna put out there?

Milli: yeah she was b4 she moved for school but shouts to Lady B...me and her go way bacc to middle school,i got so much on the plate it's ridiculous..all i can say is i want Flint to support me to the fullest right now..my time is now in the rap game and the Industry is bout to get a rude awakenin.."Industry's Shady" Coming 12.25.08

Glory: Yeah,and another question I wanted to ask niggas,how do you write,I know a lot of niggas be saying they write this or that way I wanted to know how you get down and whats your whole creative process in general,like when you turn on the beat,what happens after that?

Milli: wen i turn on a beat..sometimes it hits me right there,umm i just speak my mind i normally dont have a writin process, i dont go into the booth with paper.Honestly i make up most of my songs walkin down the street freestyling,punchlines and hooks i always remember in my head and i just take it piece by piece and make sense of it.

Glory: Alright,so most of it you go in pre written but just off of memory and the rest you just make up on the spot?

Milli: it's easier that way i've been doin it for so long..i mean everyday in high school we freestyled at lunch ,and it's actually da other way around my nigga,lol...well I mean,you can say that cause I mean its written down on my computer and I just remember it or it hits me.I mean its rare that I sit and listen to a beat and wrote,I mean especially on Industrys Shady.

Glory: So really you just go with a little that you have and the rest of it you just nail it?A big ass artistic puzzle and shit.

Milli: yeah man,somtimes my family catches me rhymin in every day conversation on mistake,lol.

Glory: Serious,like you mean you be ryhming when you talking and shit?

Milli: yeah yesterday i told my mom...make a right at the light,lol.Not only do right and light rhyme da syllable count adds up too,lol.make a right- three syllables,at the light-three.

Glory: Lol,yeah thats crazy.

Milli: But yeah man,Im bout to go hit up the lab and make some more history with this shit,good looking on the interview and if you need to hit me up you know how to get in touch.Oh yeah and before I go,shout out to all the niggas who supported my shit when the boat was stalling,yall know who yall is,I saw yall then and Im gone see yall later.shout out to my whole family,Modern Sound Productions,erybody bacc home in Fli city,my fans all over the world,the haters becuz haters motivate sucess, and last but not least shout out to you for doin this interview.."Industry Shady" Is Around The Corner 12.25.08

Mac Milli Interview, Speaks On Industry Shady, Hood Dreams And More...[This My People. I Told You We Movin!] Hood_d11
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down