Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana's "I Can't Feel My Face" Album Info

3 posters

Go down

Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana's "I Can't Feel My Face" Album Info Empty Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana's "I Can't Feel My Face" Album Info

Post by Nygee Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:00 pm

Lil Wayne's stock has risen so much in the last few years, it is no surprise that he is trying to release every possible piece of product he can. Just last week he announced that he was going to re-release The Carter III with new tracks. We'll put our money down that a lot of people will make the purchase again and Weezy will double down.

Juelz on the other hand, his career has been stagnant since he released his last album in 2005. News came out last month that his contract was bought out by Def Jam from Cam'Ron and there is a glimmer of light for his next project actually being released.

A few years ago though, both Juelz and Weezy had put out word that they were working on a mixtape together titled, "I can't feel my face". Eventually, as the buzz of the project grew and grew, they decided to make it a full fledged album and release it in stores. That was well over a year ago since that announcement and not one track as been heard yet, not one album cover has been seen and not one snippet of information has been released.

Up until recently, we had lost all hope in the project seeing the light of day because of the politics. Similar to what had happened with the new NWA record, The Chairmen of the Board (Dr. Dre and Timbaland album) and other "super projects". But just days ago, Juelz gave an interview and spoke about the album. Saying that the album is done (no sh**??) and it is just waiting to find a home.

Sources inside both camps are telling us that the reason for the hold up is that Wayne's stock has risen so much, he wants to carry this album on Cash Money Records. Juelz and Def Jam, however, are wrestling with them because they both want the project to meet projections and get the money on their end.

It is a classic tug-o-war between two record labels who will refuse to talk to each other and make something happens for the fans. The crazy thing is, that both labels are under the Universal Music Group umbrella and ultimately....it doesn't matter where it goes.
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down

Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana's "I Can't Feel My Face" Album Info Empty Re: Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana's "I Can't Feel My Face" Album Info

Post by J The Kidd Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:20 pm

Yeah yeah... this on some detox type shit... I'll believe it when i see it... they been talkin bout this for too damn long.
J The Kidd
J The Kidd
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 12671

http://www.myspace.com/xlionlinex

Back to top Go down

Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana's "I Can't Feel My Face" Album Info Empty Re: Lil Wayne & Juelz Santana's "I Can't Feel My Face" Album Info

Post by yaboyja23 Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:08 pm

hell yeah if they gonna do it go head and make sumthin happen....
yaboyja23
yaboyja23

Number of posts : 5335

Back to top Go down

Post by Nygee Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:10 am

its not really up to them. they're on two different labels so its a lot of politics involved in it. juelz said they got like 30 tracks that no one has heard yet and that it should be out in '09.

but yeah like you said i'll believe it when i see it
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down