Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Common's New Album Is Called "The Believer" Is He Still Dropping "Universal Mind Control"?

Go down

Common's New Album Is Called "The Believer" Is He Still Dropping "Universal Mind Control"? Empty Common's New Album Is Called "The Believer" Is He Still Dropping "Universal Mind Control"?

Post by Nygee Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:58 am

Common's New Album Is Called "The Believer" Is He Still Dropping "Universal Mind Control"? C10

Even though his new album "Universal Mind Control" isn't even in stores yet, Common is already planning his next LP called "The Believer."

The Chi-Town MC tells MTV.com that he was ready to put out "The Believer" first but he went in a different direction.

"The Believer is definitely gonna be an album," Com told MTV before his performance at the BET Hip-Hop Awards. "It's gonna be the next album. I was ready to make The Believer, then I started working on an EP called Invincible Summer. Then I was like, 'OK, "Universal Mind Control" — that's the name of the single.' Like we said on the song, 'If you wanna dance, let's dance.' That's what that whole concept is like: Whatever you want the people to do, you create the music for them to do it."

Common goes on to say that he wanted to put out "Universal Mind Control" because he felt people needed a release and just wanted to dance.

"Where I am with Universal Mind Control, which is the name of the album as well as the single, I wanted to make some music people can enjoy," he said. "It's a lot of stuff going on in the world right now. Sometimes people need to release. I felt that energy abroad, going to different parties in Spain and London, even back in the States. It was good times. I want people to have good times musically."

"Universal Mind Control" is in stores December 9th.
Nygee
Nygee

Number of posts : 2721

http://www.twitter.com/NygeeLIVE

Back to top Go down